Monday, April 6, 2015

Review #2 Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Pokemon ORAS supposed huge insider leak reveals tons of information



I almost cried when I first got my hands on Pokémon Alpha sapphire. I was very exited to revisit my childhood again. I had to hold back my tears of nostalgia. For years fans have wanted Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire to be remade for the current handheld Nintendo system, and 12 years later we got it. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes of Pokémon games, Ruby and Sapphire that launched in the year 2002. Many improvements have been made in the Pokémon games in the past few years, one of the biggest improvements made is making their handheld games in 3D. As much as I love the aesthetics and the original GameBoy Advance versions of the games, I have to admit, the land of Hoenn looks a lot better in 3D.
Comparison Photo
Visuals aren't the only thing that has been improved on. Many mechanics have been added and/or improved in the remakes as well. For example, there is a new type of Pokemon that adds much needed balance to the game, this type is knows as fairy type. This type was meant to prevent the overuse of dragon types that were too over powered and dominating the competitive scene in Pokemon. One of my personal favorite improvements is the soaring mechanic. Depending on which version you play, you will be able to have a Latios or Latias that will be able to fly you around Hoenn and land where ever you please, as long as your in an area in which they can give you a lift.



Another expansion added to the game was the addition to Mega Evolutions. This mechanic was introduced in the previous titles, Pokemon X/Y and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire added a lot more mega evolutions to the game. Mega evolution is a new form of temporary evolution that unlock the full potential of certain Pokemon given that they have a specified mega stone.  Not only does this make your Pokemon stronger, but it gives changes to the physical appearance of the Pokemon as well.
File:Mega-evolution-o.gif

I'm really impressed with the way the game ended up. Pokemon has been a major part of my life, and I'm glad to say that these games are a big improvement on the originals.

9/10 - The nostalgia is real

No comments:

Post a Comment