Thursday, April 2, 2015

P.T. Game Review

A few days ago I was able to play P.T. A playable trailer for the new horror game, Silent Hills. Silent Hills will be the 10th installment to the Silent Hill series and this time, Silent Hills will have a collaboration between Hideo Kojima (the game's director) and Guillermo Del Toro(Director of the Metal Gear Series), featuring The Walking Dead's, Norman Reedus, as the main, unnamed, protagonist of the story.
Although the game takes place in a single hallway of a house, it is one of the most horrifying and intense games out there. at first glance the house looks like it was taken straight out of a high quality photograph. It look me about two minutes to get over how detailed and realistic everything looked, until I actually started playing the game. It was this amount of detail that made the game as terrifying as it is. I wasn't able to handle the creepy baby cries and laughs coming from the unborn fetus and the demonic pop ups. I had to pass the controller to my friend and get him to finish the game for me. If you really want to get the best experience out of this game, I suggest doing what I did and playing in a room with all doors closed, windows shut, lights off, and putting the television as loud as you can. It's a lot better if to have a few friends over as well.

Honestly I almost crapped my pants during this game, and this is only the teaser. What makes the game stick out is it's ability to be played multiple times, since each loop and ending is completely randomized there's a different experience with each play through, allowing the player to come back and have a new experience each time they play the game.

10/10, would play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment